There’s no way to deny that the Miami Heat is one of the NBA teams that have been able to remain among the top competitors in the league over the decades. This basketball team is considered one of the most valued, most successful, and most powerful teams in the history of NBA. Thanks to all the passionate and skilled Miami Heat players who have contributed in, one way or another, to the tremendous accomplishments the team gains from time to time. Here are some of the former players of the team who are undoubtedly considered as notable basketball stars:
- Shaquille O’Neal – it was in 2004 when he was acquired by the team from the Los Angeles Lakers. He led the Heat in their 2005 and 2006 Conference Finals appearance as well as in their 2006 NBA Finals championship. His participation to the team ended when he retired in 2008.
- Steve Smith – he is widely known as a consistent double-digit scorer in each Miami Heat game. Perhaps, the team’s heads had regretted when they sent him to Atlanta in a trade for Kevin Willis. This “mistake??? was actually considered as the turning point of the team’s organization.
- Brian Grant – acquired from the Portland Trail Blazers, this basketball star made a huge impact in his four-year stay in the team. He was a forward-center admired for his solid defensive play and leadership among his team members.
- Tim Hardaway – he once held a record of the all-time highest number of assists (1,947) until it was surpassed in 2010 by Dwyane Wade. Among his trademarks as a basketball legend is his crossover dribble that has made him remain as the Miami Heat’s all-time leader when it comes to 3-point field goals.,
- Gary Payton – the 2006 NBA Finals marked his two memorable clutch shots that became a key in the team’s Game 3 and Game 5 winnings. In fact, the whole 2006 success of the Miami Heat is accounted to him as a solid role player.
- James Posey – he was also responsible for the 2006 championship title of the Heat. Along with Payton, he led the team on overcoming the tough competition against their rivals on their way to the season’s title.
- Alonzo Mourning – in 1995, he was traded to the team and eventually became well-known for his intimidating shot-blocking. His 6-year stay with the team made him a 5-time All Star and a 2-time Defensive Player of the Year. He is currently the team’s all-time franchise top player in terms of rebounds and blocks.
- Jason Williams – he is noted as among the flashiest point guards in the NBA history. His outstanding performance with Payton and Posey enabled the team score the 2006 NBA Finals title as well.
Lebron James and the rest of the Miami Heat are currently on their way to this season’s championship. Coach Erik Spoelstra continues to harness each of the players’ skills and dedication for victory. For the game schedules and affordable Miami Heat tickets, just click ticketbroker.com. This is an accredited online ticket retailer where you can conveniently purchase Miami Heat tickets in no time.